The Church Hill Association’s membership approves annual and special cause donations that are consistent with our 501(c)3 obligations and align with our Principles of Giving. Our Board administers these grants and communicates donation decisions to our members. If you have questions please contact our Fundraising and Grants Chairperson.
Principals for Giving
- Donations must benefit our community and be consistent with the mission of the CHA of RVA: preserving our history and creating our community’s future.
- Donations will only be considered upon formal written request to the CHA of RVA’s Fundraising and Grants Committee submitted prior to March 31st of the year in which the funds are to be distributed. Immediate/emergent needs will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Following a request, donations must be evaluated through a formal review process which shall consider
- The requesting organization’s name and confirmation that they qualify under our charter;
- The anticipated Church Hill community benefit resulting from the proposed donation;
- The specific project, as described in the written request, funded by the proposed donation;
- The name of person who will administer the donated funds; and
- The time frame or dates the project funded by the CHA of RVA will begin and end.
- Projects with a specific purpose, defined duration, and tangible community benefits are strongly preferred.
- Donations will be dependent on CHA of RVA’s success in fundraising.
Please note: Organizations receiving funds from CHA of RVA must provide a brief follow up report to the Board within 90 days of completion of project, no more than one year following the awarding of funds. This report must be received before any request for subsequent funds will be considered. Recipient submittal of project reports will help the CHA of RVA Board improve our grant effectiveness and inform future grants.