Join us for a three day Holiday Festival, including The Candlelight Walk, a special Holiday Celebration, and House Tours inside community homes! Proceeds support causes that improve the quality of life in the Greater Church Hill neighborhood. Tickets and more information now available along with ways to sponsor the festival as an individual or business! Photo: Dave Lynch.
The Candlelight Walk
Experience an evening of holidays past! Meet bagpipers and carolers at Jefferson Park (Union Hill) at 7:15pm. Stroll towards historic St. Johns Church to join with the Vespers. Grab a candle, and continue down gaslit sidewalks as neighborhood parties spill into the streets and proceed together to historic Libby Hill Park. Meet Santa and enjoy the spectacular city skyline with 180 degree view, all dressed up for the holidays! FREE–all are welcome!
Date: Friday, Dec 9. Meet at Jefferson Park, departing at 7:15pm, or St. John’s Church, departing at approximately 7:35pm.
Ticket Price: FREE
Donations accepted: CHA Holiday Donation P.O. Box Richmond, VA 23223.
The Holiday Celebration
This year come take part in our annual Holiday Celebration at the beautiful and historic ChildSavers building, enjoying the overlook of Richmond’s downtown. Bring friends and make new ones, while enjoying music and holiday cheer. Ticket price includes one drink, hors d’oeuvres and entertainment. Cash bar throughout the evening. Limited to 200 tickets! Proceeds support charitable causes that improve the quality of life in the Greater Church Hill neighborhood.
Ticket Price: $45 per person in advance online and will be available “Will Call” at the door the evening of the party at ChildSavers.
The Holiday House Tours
With homes built as far back as the 1700’s Church Hill is the oldest community in Richmond! The neighborhood is an eclectic mix of Federal, Greek Revival and Victorian Homes alongside innovative condominiums built in old schools houses, bakeries and churches with a growing number of world-class restaurants and parks. Enjoy these docented tours and get a peek into unique spaces decorated for the holidays. Shuttle service is offered between each home beginning at St. John’s Church.
Please wear comfortable shoes for our walking tour and be prepared for rain or shine. We will provide umbrella bags and shoe covers if the need arises. Please do not wear high heels. We ask that you bring no backpacks or large bags. Homeowners and the Church Hill Association assume no liability. Historic homes are not easily accessible for those who may have problems navigating stairs unaided or without motorized assistance. Proceeds support charitable causes that improve the quality of life in the Greater Church Hill neighborhood.
Date: Sunday, Dec 11 12-5:00 p.m.
Ticket Price: $25 per person in advance online and at local businesses:
- Hill Cafe – 2800 E. Broad St.
- Patrick Henry Pub – 2300 E. Broad St.
- Poe’s Pub – 2706 E. Main St.
- Shops at 5807 – 5807 Patterson Ave.
- Sub Rosa Bakery – 620 N. 25th St.
- Union Market – 2306 Jefferson Ave.
- WPA Bakery – 2707 E. Marshall St.
$30 per person day of tour and “Will Call” at the Parish Hall of St. John’s Church, 2401 E Broad Street Richmond VA 23223.
All Sponsors will be acknowledged in writing on the CHA website, newsletter, and printed event materials if received before printing.
- CHA Friend: $250 — 2 tickets to House Tour & 2 tickets to the Holiday Celebration ($120 tax deductible)
- CHA Neighbor: $500 — 2 tickets to House Tour & 4 tickets to the Holiday Celebration ($180 tax deductible)
- CHA Family: $750 — 4 tickets to House Tour & 4 tickets to the Holiday Celebration ($490 tax deductible)
- CHA Patriot: $1000 — 4 tickets to House Tour & Reserved table for 4 at the Holiday Celebration ($740 tax deductible)
- Candlelit Walk: $1500 — For sponsorship at the $1500 level your business will receive website, newsletter and printed recognition, and will be recognized on the sheet music handed out to all walk participants and with a poster at the refreshment booth.
- Holiday Celebration: $1500 —For sponsorship at the $1500 level your business will receive website, newsletter and printed recognition, and will be prominently displayed on posters at the event.
- House Tour Trolley Shuttle: $1500 —For sponsorship at the $1500 level your business will receive website, newsletter and printed recognition, and will be prominently displayed on each of the vehicles that shuttle tour participants throughout the neighborhood.
Thank you to our Holiday Festival media sponsors:
Thank you to our Holiday Celebration food sponsors:
Alamo BBQ, Anthony’s on the Hill, Ardent Brewery, The Dog and Pig Show, Farm Fresh, The Hill Cafe, Millie’s Diner, Patrick Henry Pub and Grille, Poe’s Pub, Sub Rosa Bakery, Stroops, Union Market, and WPA Bakery!
And thank you to our corporate sponsors: